Thursday, October 9, 2008

Weird day...

I am not sure why, but I am having a weird day. I just keep thinking of things that I want to do, and can't. This has been going on for a few weeks now, but today is particularly preoccupying. I keep struggling with my "needs" and then disappointment as I realize that I am being completely unrealistic with my wants (reality word). :o(

Perhaps if I list things here, I will let my mind rest? Here goes!

* I want fall weather to return right now.
* I want the trees to change colors like Oregon trees do. (I will settle for my own trees, but they would have to start changing!)
* I want to be curled up at home, in a comfy chair, reading a book.
* I want a comfy chair to read a book in.
* I want to spend an entire day in silence... no phones, no conversation, nothing.
* I want to go see a good movie with a friend.
* I want date night with my hubby.
* I want to play Nintendo with my boy.
* I want to be at the Y, weight training.
* I want to try a day spa. Friends like Glen Ivy, not sure if I would.
* I want a full-body massage.
* I want to spend all day sipping froo-froo coffee drinks and hanging out at either SBs or CB.
* I want to curl up in my bed and watch a good movie all by myself.
* I want to get yogurt from Cherry on Top.
* I want Scott to feel completely fine again so that the balance is restored.

Now, the things that I have to look forward to...
* I am at work and it is quiet here. I am alone and can get stuff done if I stop blogging and dreaming the day away! lol
* I have my first rehearsal tonight for "Messiah". I will not only get to see my dear friend, Peter, but I could even join him for dinner! I will also meet all of the new folks that are joining us for our Christmas Concert and will have the opportunity to make all of them laugh, bring lots of fun to rehearsal and laugh myself.
* I get to see my boy at 5 p.m. today when I pick him up after football practice. That kid just makes me smile and my heart sing. He has no idea how much I love him.
* I am hoping to find an hour to work out tonight. Not sure how/when I will fit it in if I go to dinner with Peter, so perhaps I should eat really light today.
* After rehearsal, I will head home to my guys, find my jammies and relax with them watching last week's Survivor. We are a week behind which means we can watch another episode this weekend!

Okay, I am good. Off to grab a salad for lunch and get some work done!

Shanna

3 comments:

Paris said...

Hey you... so proud of your blogging and eating right and living well. Good for you. You would love Oregon today... raining, cold, blustery with lots of trees changing colors. Nat and I are hunkered down at home for the rest of the day. Off to make a cup of tea... wish you were here :)

Team Immel said...

you inspire me. what a great way to work out your frustrations and look on the bright side. hope you enjoyed your dinner with peter.

love ya.
xoxo
si

Jean said...

what a great list!! Hope you had a good day today!
You'd love it here! My backyard is full of orange and red leaves, and its about 60degrees. I spent the last 2 days playing frisbee with Matt afterschool!