Monday, October 27, 2008

Halfway there...

Not too bad... I had gained 11 lbs. in the past month and have set the goal to blog as I take it back off. I have officially lost 5 of the 11 today. I was at 240, went up to 251 and am at 246 now. So, 6 more lbs. to go and then it is all downhill from there, hopefully! lol I am anxious and excited to break 240 and finally be in the 230s. Hubby weighs 225, so when I actually catch up to him, that will be pretty cool. It's funny how we have landmark weights that we remember, isn't it? "I weighed... when I was in high school." "I was ... pounds on my wedding day."

The weights that mark my years are:
165 in my freshman year of high school in 1980 (age 13)
237 before joining Weight Watchers in 1987 (age 20)
205 after a few months on Weight Watchers when I started dating Scott in 1988 (age 21)
268 when I got preggers in 1993 (age 26)
284 before delivery in 1994 and 260 after delivery
316 when I started on this journey in 2006 (age 39)

It's weird to look at that list and know that I am almost back to my weight in 1987! That was 20 years ago!! So, 237, here I come!!!


Monday, Oct. 27th
Weight: 246 (loss of 3 lbs. from last week)
TJ's uncured hot dog with cheese, Lactaid
String cheese and carrots, 1 bite-size chocolates
Chicken soup and Triscuits

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

i can't remember my weights! that's impressive! i know you'll get there! you're doing awesome. so proud of you!
you go girl!
xoxo
si

Jean said...

Congrats on your wt loss! That is amazing to see you can remember! The only thing I remember is being 129 when I got married. I thought I was heavy then!!! I would give my left leg to weigh that now!!!!!
keep up the good work!

Paris said...

So proud of you! We had a wake up call today... we lost the wife of a HS friend of Jim's to a heart attack. Jim and I are off to go for a walk tonight... will do our best to be healthy. Big hugs to you. In awe that you remember all your different life events/weights...