Yup, being sick is a setback. I had a horrible sore throat, but that has now moved up into my head, sinuses and eyes. Still running a little temp, went to the doc and she confirmed a virus. Nothing to do but wait and rest.
The setback is the lack of exercise combined with weird eating habits. I am nibbling on salty pretzels, eating soup, drinking lots of natural juice and guzzling green tea. Between the salty foods (water weight), the carbs, and the high calorie juice, I don't know that I will lose much. No biggie... I have my whole, HEALTHY lifetime ahead of me!
Fatigue seems to be at an all time high with this dumb bug, so I am resting as much as I can. The strange thing is that I couldn't fall asleep last night. It's like my body is exhausted, but not my mind. Frustrating.
Okay, I am off. I have rehearsal for worship team tonight and although I can't sing, I have to be there to hear what I am supposed to sing. We are a 3 part harmony group and I am the only one to sing my part. Guess I had better know what it is! lol We have a big worship service coming up on the 26th... 8 songs and 4 are brand new. Exciting! Tomorrow night is rehearsal for "Messiah", our Christmas concert. I need to get well! :o)
All in good time, eh?
xoxo, Shanna
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
big get well hugs from me and "heeling" ones from simba baby!
xoxo
si
Feel better soon!! Wish I could bring you some of my chicken soup!! Big hugs! p
Sorry you're not feeling well...hugs (but only virtual ones, don't want to get your bug). Oh, and of course I remember Matt Denny's. Margarita, anyone?
Post a Comment