Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just thought of a few more things...

I haven't shared the good news... our daughter, Michelle, called on Monday to say that she got a full-time, well-paid job with a big company in her area!!! This company deals in software and Michelle will be a customer service rep, so she has 4 months or more of training ahead of her. She will have benefits once she completes training, which is a first since she was on our plan. I am so happy for her, so proud and so relieved. She will ditch her crappy job at Macaroni Grill for once and for all! Michelle moved recently to a little bungalow and has a new roommate, as well. Her roomie is a sweetheart and their place is adorable. The best part, she is 7 minutes from work, walking! Things are definitely looking up for her.

Aimee is doing well in her new place. She moved out of our house in August and is renting a little "pool room". Her landlords are a very nice family from church and they have offered Aimee a wonderful opportunity to live inexpensively and close by. She doesn't have a kitchen, a closet or laundry, so she is learning to be very creative. lol Now to hope she will find a full-time, permanent, well-paid job so she can give up her 2 part-time jobs! *fingers crossed*

Chris is going strong with both fall baseball and flag football. He has baseball games every weekend and 2 practices a week, at least 1 football game on the weekdays and practices everyday when there is no game. It is crazy. Add in there Sunday School on Sunday mornings, working with the younger kids during the church service, and youth group on Sunday evenings and this boy seldom rests. Oh yea, and then there is homework! lol Funny how I listed that LAST. Hmmmm....... Aside from being really tired, he is doing a stellar job of balancing all that he has to do, keeping himself organized for school and earning good grades. He is quite the young man. He is preparing to fundraise for his 2009 DC trip, so be prepared everyone! He is determined to raise half of his trip cost, which is at least $1,000.

Scott and I are cruising along going to all of Chris's games and occasionally winding down at night with a home-cooked dinner and some tv. We had the fortune of attending Amy Grant's "Lead Me On" concert last Friday night and it was GREAT! What a treat to see her. She is, without a doubt, my favorite artist of all time. Her music shaped a large part of my Christian life in my early 20's. Very cool.

I am looking forward to the weekend as I have the opportunity to drive the Jr. High Leadership kids back from their conference on Friday afternoon, we have a game on Saturday, Scott and I will attend a Halloween Costume Party on Saturday night, and then church on Sunday. I am singing, but we had to postpone our big 8 song extended worship set. I am so relieved since being sick has really compromised my chance to rehearse or breathe, for that matter. lol

Now to figure out costumes for Sat. night. One of my very best friends from high school, Liz, connected with me on Facebook and she kindly invited us to come. I am really looking forward to seeing her and reconnecting with her family. I haven't seem them in years! It will be blast!

Done rambling... I have alot to catch up on! lol

3 comments:

Paris said...

Congrats to all of your kids... so happy that things are going well for them. And have a BLAST at the Halloween party. Be sure to take pics! Hugs to you! So glad you are feeling better.

Team Immel said...

woo hoo! love good news!
i emailed you costume ideas, i think you'll like them! can't wait to see photos!

our costumes:
me as a FAT snow white (that's not a stretch!)
dave as indiana jones
spencer as dipsy the lime green teletubby
kaelin as a soldier from halo :(

xoxox
si

Nightscrapper said...

Whew...you wore me out. You are always on the go, I think more than I am. Maybe you should be McBoing Boing.

Miss you girl!