I am finally feeling better, so I decided to resume my plan to lose the added weight. I weighed in on Monday, Oct. 20th at 249, so I gained a few pounds while down and out last week. Nevertheless, I am back on my game this week! Here is the update...
Monday, Oct. 20th
Weight: 249
Hot dog wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with cheese, Chocolate Silk
String cheese, pretzels, 2 bite-size chocolates
Chicken salad with cheese, peppers, zucchini, corn, black beans, dressing
Lactaid and 1 double stuffed oreo
1 liter water and 1 liter tea with stevia
40 min. cardio class and 20 min. elliptical in the morning
35 min. walk in the evening with Alice
Tuesday, Oct. 21st
No exercise
Hot dog wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with cheese, Lactaid
1 chicken taco, coleslaw, a handful of shelled peanuts while we waited
Banana and light string cheese
Last 5 bites of my hubby's combo burrito ;o) He is nice to share.
1 chicken taco (there were 2 with my order), iced tea, 3 bite-sized chocolate candies
Wednesday, Oct. 22nd
Cardio class this morning
Ritz crackers with peanut butter, water
Spinach burger and watermelon, iced tea
Low fat Triscuits and 2T organic peanut butter
Chicken pita w/no dressing, 3 mac and cheese nuggets, and a side salad with minimal ranch, 2 bite-size chocolates
(Ate at Jack in the Box and willingly tried the nuggets. Gotta be careful tomorrow.)
I have to tell ya, I love interacting with people and living life. I ate lunch at a quaint little restaurant today in a sleepy town nearby. Not far from me were 2 older men, clearly long-time friends, having lunch. When the waitress brought out their check, one of the men turned to her and said, "Oh she's paying", as he pointed to ME! lol I looked up just in time and came back with, "Great, so you won't mind picking up the tab for my party of 12? They are running a bit late." lol We all had a great laugh and I realized in that moment that I really enjoy people that are willing to live outloud. I am SO outloud most of the time. (Hey, I can hear you agreeing with me... stop that!) Now, here is this guy that takes the liberty of pulling me into his moment of living outloud. I was all for it... and really love that sometimes 2 or more lives will overlap, even for a second, just because someone else is willing to step out of their comfort zone. That is SO me.
I really do wonder how many people I have talked to in the world? I love meeting folks and even if I never learn anything about them, it is just cool to have met someone new. Life is so short, even if you live to be 100, so why not smile at someone or share a friendly word. If I can actually make someone else smile, or better yet, laugh, that's the best!
Can't wait to blog an update on Houdini, the runaway dog from last week. He is safely housed at the Humane Society, but I got to visit with him on Saturday. It was so cool. Okay, next time...
Hugs to all!
Me
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you are on the mend!!!
you do love to interact with people. no matter where you go or what you do, you always make friends and know someone! for example...airplane rides, hotels.... ;)
xoxox
si
Post a Comment