Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh HAIL!!!!

Okay, so I thought I was crazy when I saw snow today! I was driving Chris to school and thought, "Holy cow, what the heck is that white stuff on the road? Is that snow on the lawn?? Wait, there is white stuff on that car too... and the roof!! Whoa, where am I?? Am I awake?!?!" lol

Sure enough, our little town made the news tonight with reports of the white stuff... sadly, not snow, but hail! We had the hail storm of all hail storms here in sunny So. Cal. and I tell ya, I was plain ol' giddy! The rooftops were dusted, the lawns were sprinkled, and some areas were covered! It was amazing and BEAUTIFUL!!!! Our neighborhood did not get any, which is weird since we are so close to the mountains, but the folks a few blocks down sure did.
Speaking of snow... I am hoping to switch around my Reno flights tomorrow and will be leaving right when the snow storms are expected. I have only seen snow fall one time and can't wait to see it again, but I really don't want it to interfere with flying. Perhaps I will do the "NO SNOW" dance before my flight... think anyone will even notice me at LAX?? lol

More cool things to blog about, but not tonight. It is almost tomorrow (11:50 p.m.) and I need to head home.

Hugs to all! Pleasant dreams.

Shanna

3 comments:

Paris said...

Sorry to hear that our paths will not cross in Reno, but I know the changes will be best for all. So cool about the hail. We are supposed to get snow this weekend and I can't wait! Bring it on! Love, p

Team Immel said...

Wow! Crazy weather! Kaelin called me today to tell me she heard on the news that there were going to be mud slides in LA and she was worried and wanted to call me cuz she knows I have friends like you there! Can't wait to see you when you roll into town! Bring your movies!! But only ones you haven't seen yet!

Love ya.
xoxo
Shauna

Nightscrapper said...

We had some crazy weather here. We had about 2 minutes of snow in my neighborhood. But about a mile away, it snowed for 2 days!!! I'm so sick of my neighborhood getting bypassed by the snow. I want snow!!!