Chris has been sick since Friday, so we are hoping he will feel better before I go. If not, WonderDad and Gramma will be on the scene! It has been a bit crazy squeezing in temp taking, feeding, watering and medicating him between running errands and putting in my hours at work, but it has worked out. I suspect he is on the mend as he is now playing XBox. That is always the first sign of recovery. My prayer now is to stay healthy myself and not compromise my trip.
A big snow storm was expected in Reno today and there are a few more storms set to blow through from Tuesday on. Keep your fingers crossed that my little puddle jumper plane makes it both in and out of the airport this week. lol It is interesting trying to pack for snowy weather when you are from sunny Cali. I haven't the faintest idea how to really dress for success (or warmth). I will be fine, but I feel pretty nerdy for not knowing. I have figured out that I look RIDICULOUS in snow hats of any kind, so I won't be adopting THAT fashion statement!
I will close with a few pics from my retreat day in the mountains with my pal, Peter, and his sweet girl, Sootie. We had a great time celebrating our birthdays together by hanging out for a day in Crestline. It was brisk and cold, windy as ever, and there was still snow on the side of the road. After a lovely lunch and a 2.5 mile walk around the lake, we visited over a cup of Canadian tea before I headed home. A terrific day spent with a dear friend. Thanks, Peter! Can't wait til next time.
Hugs, Shanna
5 comments:
Have a safe trip. I'm sure you and UCLA will have a great time hanging out. Give her a great big hug for me.
wow your header looks great! maybe you can give me some blogging lessons when you get here!
i'm sorry chris has been sick, i hope he's on the mend. we can't have you sick when you come to reno!
snowed here again last night and there's snow on the ground etc. but the sun is shining brightly and it's beautiful. i think i'm going to bundle up and go for a walk in it! camera in hand of course.
can't wait to see you tomorrow night. fly safe!
xoxo
shauna
ok, i thought my comments weren't going thru, now i've seen that i must be "APPROVED" by the owner, so you've pretty much got a double post from me now. oh, let's make that a triple shall we?
XOXO
SI
Hope Chris feels better soon... there is so much going around up here. Have a wonderful time in Reno and soak in every minute. Take time to relax! Love, P
Have fun! Enjoy Reno and snow!
Post a Comment