Happy birthday, Shauna!!! I celebrate you everyday, but today is super special!Thank you for all of the laughter you have brought to my life. I remember when we first met. I had only been in cyberspace for a few months and you were one of the first people that I ever dared to have an internet chat with. You know, you could have been a predator! lol We met at Jangle and I quickly discovered that 3 of us shared the same name. You and Shauna just neglected to spell your name correctly. lol Anyway, you and I hit it off right away and before long we discovered we were both night owls. We would chat away in the middle of the night, you with your lower case letters and tales of the Tasmanian devil and me with my limited scrapping knowledge and loads of intention. lol I can still remember praying that you would make it safely back to the computer as you would leave for the post office at almost midnight to make some contest entry deadline! lol
We discovered that we both had skinny, blonde boys that were the same age, you had lived in Cali not far from me, and we were both married to men that we adore. Our birthdays would be just 5 days apart, although you were the older one. ;o) We have had a blast in a multitude of states (OR, CA, and AZ), have shared tons of late night emails, camped out in one another's homes, and our recent Disney adventure was the BEST! It was terrific to finally blend our 2 families. So many memories, too many to type here. Capt. Underpants books for Spencer, yea, that's one that you were really happy about.
I am happy to say that the depth of our friendship has had years to root. I feel so blessed for the time that we have shared and I look forward to the adventures ahead. Just think, I could end up in Reno! Lord only knows what trouble I could find there!
Happy birthday, my friend. I hope you are snuggled up with your laptop (as Dave is snuggled up with his) and have a great night.
Hugs, Shanna
1 comment:
loved opening your blog and seeing our photo! what a perfect photo at that!
enjoyed reading the kind words and the walk down memory lane. you have been a great friend and i appreciate and treasure you so much.
look forward to seeing you in reno next week!
xoxo
shauna
Post a Comment