Hmm, I am thinking that I need some fun! I want to be silly, but I have discovered that silly takes time. How come I don't have time? If I am productive, I am without time to be silly. If I take time to do something silly then I am don't get other things done! Clearly, I have a challenge.
TCC just celebrated it's 8th birthday! I have had the BEST time reading all of the memories that my pals have posted and I have been on a posting frenzy replying with more and more of my own memories. What I love about doing this is that it reminds me of how silly I have been and of the crazy things I have done with these women! I miss them so much and I miss me... the silly me.
How then to balance my responsibilities and get out of my head? Perhaps just making myself more aware and challenging myself to do it will be the trick?!?! We shall see.... Life has been fairly serious for the past year and these past 4 months have been particularly dark and muddy for me. It certainly is high time to lighten things up, so lighten I will! Blessings are so often found in the simple things, so I will try and blog those too. Fun! Can't wait.
Other news...
Chris was down with a UTI for most of his Easter Break last week, but is feeling much better! Although we still have no idea how he could have a UTI, I am SO glad that he is recovering. Scheduling was tough with me home during the day and working nights, but thankfully I have a job that allows for that. Chris is bummed about returning to school tomorrow without having done anything fun last week, but I know the rest served him well. He will start practices for his school baseball team tomorrow, on top of his Pirates team, so having a bit of down time was a good thing.
Easter was lovely, spent all day in the park with friends and family. Hottest day we have had since last year, but thankfully the heat wave has passed and we are back to spring-like weather. I do have some pics to post, but gotta get them off the camera first.
Aimee interviewed at UCLA and at her alma mater, Univ. of La Verne. We are keeping our fingers crossed for her!
I have been catching up on many different overdue things in the past month or so, including the follow up on my 1 cm kidney stone, the cyst on my ovary, pain in my neck and shoulders, and a dental visit. I have also found a therapist to start putting things in order in my head and I will have my annual physical next week. It makes me happy to be taking care of myself. I have missed being able to focus on things that will keep me healthy and living longer. Ultrasound, CT scan, chiropractic, doctor's visits, a shrink visit and a trip to the dentist all next week, not bad. Did I mention that I named my kidney stone? Yup, her name is Sydney and she has taken up residency for over a year now in my kidney. My rather serious and professional urologist laughed out loud when I shared with him that I told her, "Either pay rent or get out! Sadly, she hasn't listened." Hey, that was a touch of silliness, go me!
Last of the random blogging... I am gearing up for the Carlsbad 5000 next weekend and I can't wait! This is the first time I have ever even considered the word, "5k" where it pertained to me. To me, a 5k was best spent in the car, driving as I watched those crazy people, number pinned to their chest, running along the road. And to think, I am the gal that used to circle the parking lot at Walmart looking for a closer parking spot instead of walking further. Now a 5k, incredible.
On my hike to the waterfall yesterday, I found my "new"self contemplating who I would talk to about buying a really good bike and trails to ride. "Huh? What?", I heard my "old"self say... "Biking? Where did THAT come from?" My "new"self countered with, "Hey, I might even like to learn to rollerblade sometime!" Trust me, my "old"self was NOT prepared to hear that! lol It is through these dialogues that I grow my new way of thinking and become my best self. Fortunately, my therapist doesn't seem to worried about my split personality. lol
Much silliness to all,
Shanna
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Here's to silly :) Sorry to hear about Chris and your health probs. No fun. WTG on the 5K and hike to the waterfall. I'm looking forward to getting back to walking tomorrow. Happy anniversary to TCC... lots of good gals and fun times. Glad you had a good Easter too. Hugs to you, Paris
i'm liking your new split personality. the one taking care of yourself. i'm glad you are finding your silliness again. i started a long post to tcc but then my pc crashed. it's been doing that alot. i get so frustrated with that. i need to go check in. I did get out my Paperkuts, the one with the article of us in it. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter. I'm sorry chris had a uti. those suck to put it mildly. enjoy the upcoming baseball season. can't wait to hear what comes of amy's intervies.
xoxox
shauna
Oh girl! I know how silly you can be. Remember trying to break into Sandie's house and then the cops were in front. Boy, we sure made an impression on AZ! Crazy cali girls! Very cool on the 5K. Something I would love to do, but just need to find the time. Glad to hear Chris is better.
where is the silly girl that runs this blog???
lol
xoxox
si
Post a Comment