Well, the sucky days continued for a few, but I am happy to say that things are better now! I am super busy right now, so blogging has taken a back seat. Hate that, but can't be helped!
I have decided to post highlights of the week and things that I am grateful for. I figure when the crummy stuff comes, it is okay to vent. When things improve, it is important to recognize that, as well.
* Aimee's tire had a huge chunk out of it as she left work on Friday night last week. Her drive is normally 2 hours in traffic, so going to her was not an option. She called Roadside Service and the tow guy proceeded to bust off 2 stems on the axle and strip out the 3rd stem. With only 2 lug nuts attached, we did not trust driving on it. Scott ended up going out to her while I made phone calls for over an hour trying to find anyone that would be open for help at 7 p.m. She hasn't been at this job long and none of us know that area, so it was daunting. Fortunately, I managed to reach our local mechanic as he worked late that night. He advised Scott to drive home on side streets with just the 2 lug nuts. Aimee drove Scott's van and they were home by 9 p.m., safe and sound. I am grateful.
* Chris brought home his report card and has achieved straight As. He is a hard working kid with a great sense of balance for his family, faith, schoolwork, and sports. He is becoming a teenager and moving away from us a little bit each day, but for now he is still someone I really respect and enjoy spending time with. I love that he still gives me a kiss goodbye in the morning at school too. I am grateful.
* I had a big week of preparation for a meeting with our accounting gal. My hard work paid off and our meeting was productive. I am moving closer to finalizing the company taxes, can then focus on my boss's personal taxes and am learning more about what I do all the time. I am grateful.
* My mom and stepdad have opted to take my suggestion and are going to allow my tax guy to do their taxes, as well. This will be the first year that I will not have to worry about how accurate their return is and how trustworthy their accountant is. I love our tax guy and have been going to him for 25 years. He handles my boss's taxes, does our payroll and am thrilled that he will be representing my folks. I am grateful.
* Scott and I were both seen for our annual physicals this week and we are both in good health. We have a few things that need attention, so we are pursuing those with specialists, ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. Our doctor is terrific and we both really like her. Although our insurance is really costly, it is such a blessing to have it. We are grateful.
* I was able to attend the funeral of a friend's mom. She had been in the hospital with complications from a kidney infection since November 2007. She had a host of other medical problems that made her situation more difficult, but there was hope of her recovery. Needless to say, her passing was unexpected for all. Although I wish she were still here with her husband, son and daughter-in-law, I am grateful that she is no longer suffering. Her daughter-in-law and I are dear friends and she was a rock of support to me last year. It has been such a blessing to be able to support them during this time with meals and phone calls, and it meant alot to pay my respects at her funeral. I am grateful.
* Tile grout was missing in the new shower stall, air conditioning units needed to be installed and hooked up, mirrors needed to be measured for and ordered, a glass door needed to be selected and ordered for our vanity, and we needed to pick shower heads. In the past week, I have contacted the 4 people needed and things are almost complete, plus we picked our shower heads and Scott installed them. Things are still (slowly) coming along, but we get closer with each project completed. We are so blessed to have this home and be able to add on to it. It is scary to pay for all of this, but I pray that we can sell in the years to come and retire on the funds earned from all of our hard work. We are grateful.
* I was scheduled for the worship team on every Sunday in February and I really enjoyed it. Although I am off a few weekends this month, I will be singing again tomorrow morning! I live to worship God, I love being part of a ministry that leads others to praise God through song, I love the team of amazing people that I work with, I am filled and restored spiritually by being a part of this, and I love it when we touch hearts in the congregation. What a gift God has given me. I am grateful.
Blogging... good for the soul.
Friends... good for the heart.
Sleep... good for the body.
Night. xoxo
p.s. Twin, thanks for posting 3 times. I miss you and love you too!!!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am grateful for your friendship :)
Big hugs to you,
p
Sounds like a much better week. Hopefully mine will be that was this week.
I too am grateful for your friendship.
me three! grateful for you friendship!
xoxo
shauna
Post a Comment