Friday, November 7, 2008

Bloggaholic... it's a long one kids!

I am in Hell Week 2 and will not be thinking about next week until Monday morning. Last week was Hell Week 1 (just busy scheduling), not as bad as this week, but I will prevail!

*The following is meant to be funny, not upsetting... this week has just been wild*

On top of the usual work week and homework responsibilities...
* Chris had 5 games this week and 2 are away games.
* I had 2 rehearsals this week.
* I attended a networking meeting as a potential member and it was overwhelming, expensive and a food nightmare.
* I had 2 board meetings this week.
* I had 2 one-on-one meetings this week with guys from baseball and church.
* I am organizing team parties for both football and baseball.
* I am collecting money for coaches' gifts for both football and baseball.
* I have to create a registration process for our spring baseball league before Tuesday.
* I am working on the PR for the Messiah Christmas concert which involves the flyer, postcards, new letters for the building banner and the big banner on the street.
* I had a dead battery last week on Halloween that cost us money we didn't have.
* I had a flat tire at 4 a.m. when heading home from a friend's. I got 2 hours of sleep, but did arrange to get Chris to school. After that, however, I faced challenges with both my ride to the car and the tow guy because neither of them did what they were supposed to do. :o)

Today:
* I was witness to a woman hitting not one, but TWO cars on my street, which involved me stepping in to stop her from driving (she was on meds and not all there), contacting the police, her driving away while I was inside on the phone, hitting the second truck just moments later, staying for the police report, and then trying to contact my neighbors to let them know what had happened.
* I arrived an hour late to work, but was only there an hour when the school called to say that Chris was sick. :o(
* I could not pick him up until I finished the football flyer that needed to go out today, so he waited over an hour for me to get there. Double :o(
* On the way home with Chris, my tire light came on indicating there is still a problem with my changed tire. Ran to the mechanic after taking Chris's temp, getting him a drink, finding the barf bowl, and washing up. Not sure of the problem, so will watch it over the weekend.
* Came home and hooked up our new DSL modem, so hubby will be happy and will stop needing help with the laptop! lol

The good things from the week...
* Receiving two emails that really 'spoke' to me. I don't have time to read Fwd: emails, but I did so this week. Fortunately, one of them really, really helped me let go of some really mean and spiteful behavior that came my way. I had already gained good perspective on the choices of these two people, but the sting was still there. After that email, it was GONE!
"Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!"
* Seeing a former student from my subbing days and overhearing him say, "Is that Mrs. B!?!?" He had a light in his eyes, a smile on his face and looked like an older version of his 2nd grade self. I could hear him as I was walking toward him so I responded with a chuckle, "Yes, it's me." He proceeded to tell me about the fun times when I would sub his class, my being his favorite sub, and remembering my "pizza book". I used to read "Sam's Pizza" to every class I taught. I love the book and the kids did too. It was great to be the recipient of that exchange with this young man who is now a college student! *eek!*
* My battery was the only thing wrong with my car last week. It could have easily been the starter or the alternator. My mechanic is only 1 block from my office and it was easy to have the work done without losing time at work. When my battery died, I had just returned from several different towns and could easily have been stranded, but I wasn't. To boot, it happened early enough that I not only had it repaired before picking up Chris, but I also didn't have to miss his football game.
* My flat tire was inconvenient and in the wee hours of the morning, but I was with a friend who gave me a ride home and I was safe. The plug and patch was free and again, conveniently by my work. My mom is retired and healthy now so she could give me a ride and we have roadside service to help me.
* Enjoying a variety of new relationships lately. I am realizing how blessed I am with the people in my life and am meeting new people all the time. I have amazing friends and I learn so much from them. Both last week and this week have afforded some quality time with friends at school events, a few lunches with pals, chats with couples that we may go out to dinner with, and an email from a special friend to see if I was doing okay. Very nice.
* Taking time to journal and be sad. I compromised my work time by staying home to journal, but I really needed it. It helped.
* Realizing that there is a season for everything. Sometimes we are not ready to let certain people go, but we have to. If it is in our best interest, we really need to do what is right for us. Doing the right thing is most often the harder choice, and although I resisted, I have made steps in that direction.
* Rehearsing with an amazing group of women and praising God in song. Our team has grown to 5 and we are all being stretched as we prepare for our big worship service. We have all been working so hard and our sound was incredible at rehearsal. I love that we are being trusted to learn a song that is just us, no leader. It is a very tough song to do and we all have our own harmonies to carry, but it is good for us!
* This week WILL END and next week will be MUCH EASIER! Yes, still busy, but better!
* I am home with my guys right now with nowhere to go.

I know there are more good things, but I suspect Blogger is tired of me and you all must be asleep by now! lol If you made it this far, please go do something else now. ha ha

xoxo, Shanna

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

what a great perspective you have! thanks for reminding us to find the good in things! and yes, it could always be worse!!!!

hope you have a peaceful and restfuland joyful weekend.

enjoyed hanging with you via text today. can't wait to run into you at freddys someday unexpected! lol

xoxo
si

Angie said...

can you say over committed? LOL
hang in there!

Nightscrapper said...

Whew, I'd be wishing I were dead if I had your schedule. You blow me away with your energy and time management.