Saturday, April 5, 2008

Brrrrrrr.......

Carlsbad, here I come!!! Cold and overcast weather, here you come!!! lol I had the best day yesterday! I met with my pal, Tracy, for a 5k walk before having coffee together, which was SO nice. I love spending time with her and we never get the chance, so this was a treat! I headed home for a shower and to pack up and I hit the road to Carlsbad. I love road trips (not the LONG ones, 2 hours is just right) where you can crank the tunes, sing off-key, and let your hair blow in the wind. Did I do that... well, not really, but I do love it. lol I had the tunes cranked (thanks for the cd, Tracy) and the singing was rather quiet as I didn't know the music, but it was all good. A quick stop at my SIL's house and back on the road. I haven't seen my SIL's family is over a year, so that was a really nice treat too.

I hit Carlsbad about 4 p.m. and was starved! I had avoided eating much all day so that I could go to Knockout Pizza when I got here. Scott and I found KO Pizza last year and I had the coolest, yummiest "white pizza" ever!!! I am allergic to tomatoes, so it is common for me to order "no sauce", but this pizza doesn't have any anyway! It is thin crust (no usually my fav, but totally works here), mozzarella cheese, pesto, olives and these little round squirts of ricotta cheese. The ricotta almost looks the way pepperoni would. I tell ya, it is sheer heaven! KO Pizza also makes "garlic knots", so I ordered those too. Round knots of pizza dough covered in melted butter and garlic and basil. Yummy, but too greasy for me. Sat outside at a sidewalk table and watched the folks in town. Besides great pizza, I walked to get there which makes you feel less guilty about eating! lol

The best part about coming to Carlsbad is that once you park the car in the hotel lot, you never have to drive it again! Everything one could ever want is on foot. There is this great shopping area a block away, train tracks run right through the middle of town which adds character, and the beach is directly across the street from me if I need to curb my retail therapy. Having said that, I did walk back to the hotel and hop in the car to find a Kinko's, Trader Joe's, Michaels and Target.

I wanted to make buttons to wear on my shirt at tomorrow's 5k. I brought pics down with me of "My Heroes" and I needed to resize them (Kinko's) and buy the buttons (Michaels). I stopped at Target simply because I LOVE going to Targets and Walmarts in other cities!!! It is a weird fascination that I have had for years. My family teases me about it all the time. I have been to SO many in SO many states!! I bought some fruit at TJ's so that I could atleast pretend I would eat healthy this weekend, and I ended up at Mervyn's as a bonus. Got some new earrings and 2 silver charms at 50% off, and a new black bra at 50% off! Score!! (as Shauna would say)

Headed back to my room about 8 p.m., exhausted and still full. Decided that I had better hit the pavement and find a "to go" dinner for later. Went to our little deli/yogurt place and bought a 1/2 sandwich and a kid's size peanut butter cup ice cream. Eek, I had better walk 15k today! lol Enjoyed a leisurely evening on my big ol' king bed actually holding the remote control for more than 5 minutes!!!!! I hooked up my wireless connection and enjoyed cybertime and a movie on Lifetime! It was awesome and very relaxing. I didn't want to go to sleep cuz I didn't want my night to end, so I stayed up 'til 2! lol

BTW, if you are interested, check out "My Life as a Soccer Mom" this weekend. I am on the show!! NO, I am not the soccer mom, I am a baseball mom!! This really sweet mom, Alisa, gave up her career to be a mom and she wonders about going back to work. This show takes helps her slip back into her dream job for a week with my realtor friend, Donna Baker. Donna was asked to do the show and in turn, she asked some of us to be a part of the action! I am sitting in the second row of a realtors meeting in the first half of the show. I have only seen the second half, that is how I know! lol I am Tivoing it while I am gone, but I caught it last night. It was SO cool! Alisa and Donna are great together and the show is really cool. The folks that come to see the house are all people from town that I know too, so that was a bonus for me. If you watch, I am wearing a black skirt, black/white patterned blouse and black heels. :o)

Okay, I am off to hang out in my room reading and relaxing under the covers as it is freezing here!! I have just finished breakfast on the patio and my fingers are now blue and numb as I type. lol I have so many things to read that I won't know what to choose, but that's what it is all about, right?? I am so hoping that the clouds burn off and the sun pops out, I really want to frolic on the beach later with my guys. They are coming down on the train after Chris's game and I will pick them up. Should be a blast for my boy as he has never been on a train before! I can't wait to hear how his game went too!

Hugs to all,
Shanna

5 comments:

Team Immel said...

man, it sounds like my/our life in reno!!!! peace and quiet. a little slice of heaven. awwwww...my muscles just all relaxed just thinking of it!!!! good for you!!! i'm so proud of you! you are doing great! and yes, SCORE!!!! i'm glad your boys can join you. what a great weekend. i'm going to check that show out. sounds like i can relate! i just got home from a 9am soccer game and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. my bum is still cold!!

cheers to you and yours!!! i'll be cheering you on from my soccer mom sidelines!

xoxox
si

Nightscrapper said...

Hope all went well today and you are celebrating having finished the 5k. Enjoy your time with your guys. Sounds like a heavenly weekend.

Paris said...

Hope you had a great rest of the weekend. Sounds like you were off to a perfect start. Safe travels home. Miss you, Paris

Team Immel said...

so..............how'd it go??????

xoxox
si

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
Lisa ;o)