Monday, February 11, 2008

Ah, the pause that refreshes...


Okay, so I barfed on my blog last time and it allowed me the freedom to get on with life! THANKFULLY, things are turning around!!!! I am SO grateful!!! Phew, wasn't sure how many casualties there were gonna be last week.

My family seems to be on the mend and I have actually had quite a few kisses from the gang now that they are not contagious. That is always the way to a wife's/mom's heart. The aftermath of missing school and all the make up work that it brings is working out and Chris has done an amazing job kicking into gear. There is less plastic in my house, although I would SO love to have my bedroom door back! I miss being able to get dressed in private. No more flooding at work and the flusher seems to be working famously. My boss is still on the jury and we had over $20,000 worth of appliances and his trailer stolen from a job site, but I am grateful for the client's insurance and that there were no personal injuries.


I ate better last week and actually hiked the canyon to the waterfall on Thursday morning! On Friday evening, the guys and I headed to the cages and I met Leela to hit. She and I chatted tons, but did manage to get in some swings. The guys went home, but we stayed and had a great time. She was feeling good, which always makes me happy. Chris had another pre-season scrimmage and I roasted in my "winter wear" as the sun baked me. Headed to lunch with gal pals, Alice and Lauren, and then received a cool writing from Leela. Had dinner alone with my hubby on Sat. night, which was really nice since we hadn't really spent much time together for weeks. Woke on Sunday morning, wished my hubby a Happy Birthday and headed to rehearsal for worship team. Had an incredible time singing praise with my fellow "Worship Tarts" (my term and yes, I know it is naughty). We have such a great blend and all of our songs had harmonies for each of us. It felt great and the message was spot on. Ran around doing birthday stuff before surprising Scott at the cages with a cake and a few friends. We love the folks at G.S. and it just seemed right to celebrate with them after Chris's lesson. (Thanks Dave for the lesson!) Leela joined us too, so she and I bolted to get Scott's gift and then returned to hit for a bit before dinner. Dinner was yummy pizza at Round Table. It was great and Scott loved it! Quite the weekend, but TONS of fun. What a difference from a week ago!

I woke up this morning with a conviction to work out and eat well today. Considering I ate pizza and cake yesterday, that was no real shock. lol Headed to the canyon and enjoyed one of the most peaceful hikes yet. I was a bit stronger this time, which felt nice. I have lost a lot of ground without exercising this past year, so I need to build back up. I collect a little rock everytime I hike the canyon, but I forgot today. I will have to grab 2 next time. I might go M-W-F this week and try to do weight training twice on the other days. Because I go early, the sun has yet to set on the canyon. There is a chill in the air and the trees cast many shadows. When I got to the waterfall, the sun was high enough to shine through and yet there was a cool breeze blowing. I found a new rock to sit on and enjoyed the sound of the water. I am such a fish and could listen to, watch, or be in water at all times! I wonder how close I am to the sign of Aquarius? I married one, I should probably know. lol

Anyway, I am grateful for the pauses that have come...
pausing to visit the tall trees and waterfalls in the stillness of the mountains,
pausing to get much needed sleep in our healthier home,
pausing to take slow, deep breaths that refresh and restore,
pausing to have lunch with my dear friend,
pausing to hit baseballs with another great friend,
pausing to worship God and honor Him for all that he is doing in my life,
pausing to look into my hubby's eyes and soak in his smile,
pausing to listen to my kids tease and laugh together,
pausing to blog which helps me gain perspective on what really matters.

And with that, I really ought to hit pause and get some sleep.

Goodnight. xoxox

2 comments:

Paris said...

So glad to hear that your family is feeling better, and that things are going more smoothly around there. What a great thing... to walk and enjoy nature's beauty. Good luck on your quest to eat healthy and exercise.... I'm doing the same thing right now :) xoxoxo Paris

Team Immel said...

you go girl! so proud of you for putting things into perspective and pausing to do all of those important things! and proud of you for walking and taking better care of yourself. what beautiful photos. i wish we had somewhere close like that to hike to.

paris and i have been hiking a walking trail under the powerlines that is full of hills. it's a great workout and peaceful and quiet and actually quite pretty. but no waterfalls or babbling brooks! simba gets to meet lots of doggy friends along the way!

your workout schedule sounds like a good one. i'm going to try and get some weight training back in too. maybe i can talk p into it!

keep up the good work! we are behinid you 110%!

xoxo
shauna