Okay, so summer is upon me and I am still not any more rested. lol Chris's schedule has completely changed now and I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to adjust. :o) He is taking a cooking class (his choice, how cool is that?) and a drawing class at a local jr. high, so I drop him at 8ish, run to work and then return at 10ish to pick him up. We run to my office where he changes into his baseball clothes and grab a Gatorade, and then I drop him at a local high school for baseball camp. I run back to work from 10:30 to 1:00 and then leave again to pick him up and taking him to lunch and then our house. Phew! Ideally, I would love to work out while he is in morning classes and then work from 10:30 - 4:30 (I need to work 6 hours/day), but it hasn't worked out so well thus far. We keep up this schedule until the end of July and then I will likely give him a week off before another baseball camp starts.
Chris is officially done with baseball, but Scott isn't! lol Most of the boys from our most recent All Stars team were put together for a City All Star team. Unfortunately, we don't live in THAT city! Scott, however, was asked to stay on and coach. The manager was going to Cabo for a week and loves the way Scott runs things. So we tease Scott that he is the one now that is keeping us from vacationing or relaxing with HIS baseball schedule! The cool thing is that Chris has been going to practices, as well, and is allowed to act as a Jr. Coach. His teammates (and good friends) all seem to respect him and Scott says that he is impressed by Chris's knowledge and application. Ah, I hope he grows up to be a fabulous coach to many, many kids in lots of communities! Anyway, tomorrow is this team's second game and we hope it goes better than today's game did. :o( Certainly less stress when my boy is sitting next to me, not out on the field!
Work-wise, I am still pretty busy... the auditor came a month ago, took some files with her to her office and hasn't said a word since. It is driving me crazy a little because I can't really move on. I want to refile all of the crap in my office and archive the storage boxes, but I can't. I hate not knowing if I am going to be asked for more info, as well. Ah well. I am attempting to catch up on other work, but it is slow as things are moving pretty quickly in the normal day-to-day operations right now. I am definitely suffering from the summer itch too. I know that Chris is out of school and I want to play! lol We haven't made it to the beach yet, but I am hoping to do that and to sneak away for a weekend before fall comes.
Our holiday was very nice. We all went different directions for the day, but we grabbed our chairs and headed downtown for our very own hometown fireworks show!! There is just nothing like sitting in the middle of our main street in town, surrounded by vendors selling food and goodies, a sea of locals in front and behind you, kids running everywhere, folks walking up and down the sidewalks meeting and greeting friends as they go. We spent 2 hours people watching, kicking back, and chatting with one another, waiting for the fireworks to start at 9. We each went and got our own dinner and all 3 of us ate different food from different vendors (greek for me, mexican for hubby, and american for son). The fireworks display was an all-time winner this year, as there were only dirt lots down where the canons were shooting them off. The buildings on those lots were recently leveled and nothing has been built yet, so the "fire fall out" could be much wider and shoot much higher than before. Due to the new construction ahead, next year's display will be moved just south of our house, near the park. We are sad, but atleast we still get our very own fireworks in our town! It is FREE no less!
My guys took me to see "Get Smart" tonight which was hilarious! Can anyone tell me how to handle 90 minutes of mouth slurping from the guy behind me though? OMG! I seriously thought I was going to punch him in the neck! He would *click* and *slurp* and make an array of disgusting and spine-piercing noises as he worked (and worked and worked) the popcorn out of his teeth! After 15-20 minutes of it, he would dive back into his popcorn bag and start all over again! It was ungodly annoying, but I did control my urges and I left him alone. Amazing restraint for an entire 90 minutes! His wife was sitting right next to him too... she shushed him at one point, but it was about talking out loud during the movie. Yup, he would do that too. Phew, tough one. Hubby surprised us after the movie by taking us to a new yogurt place in town. It is all self-serve... yogurt and toppings alike. When you are done making your own creation (any number of flavors or toppings), then you pay by how much your cup weighs. Pretty cool. :o)
I don't have any pics to share cuz I am not that on top of things, but hopefully I will soon. Tomorrow brings singing worship at church first thing, dashing to see "Scott's baseball game", working for awhile in the office, and then a friend's baseball game in the evening. All in all, a busy but fun day! Both baseball games will allow me to see lots of friends and hang with my guys, so I am looking forward to it. I hope you all have a wonderful day, as well!
Happy 4th of July, everyone!!!
Shanna
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Crazy is right!! Holy moly... not sure how you keep up! Hope you can take a breather and play soon. That yogurt place sounds awesome... I wanna go!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
Miss ya lots, p
You are one busy girl!! Hey, by chance was the yogurt place called Nubi's? If so, we loooove that place. We just got one a few months back and we visit at least once a week. Miss you girl!
Post a Comment