Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life in Auditville...

Well, I can honestly say that I have been seeing double! I have seen so many numbers over the past 2 months, when we received our Notice of Audit at work, that I am all numbered out! I actually looked at an "8" the other day and saw two of them! lol I am thinking it is time to get some rest.

Just to wrap up my number talk, I did the math, so to speak, and discovered that I have worked 267 hours since April 12th. As of last Friday, I had worked 26 days with only Mother's Day off. Hmmm, some part time job, eh? ;o) Fortunately, I do like what I do, my boss is one of the good guys, and if nothing else, I am a very dedicated gal that has given all she's got to this audit. The audit notice brought about a demand for documents, then the auditor's first visit brought about another demand for more documents. I suspect that when she arrives on Thursday, there will likely be yet another list of demands. I am hopeful, however, that the next request will be less intense than the last ones. Let's hope! *fingers crossed*

SO, life has been shaping up a bit for the better. I have found a terrific counselor and we are a great fit! I am a big fan of therapy if you are willing to be open-minded and have a willing spirit. I seem to be both because I can feel that things are slowly getting better. I have had so many life curves in the past 3 years and I simply need to take some time to gain perspective and breathe. It is tough to do that when you are immersed in the day to day and not making time for your own sanity. That said, I will be enjoying myself to the fullest at Disneyland tomorrow!

I am so excited! I love Disneyland and have never been to California Adventure. A dear friend of mine and her daughter (who I also love) have come to Cali and I get to spend the entire day with them tomorrow. They are visiting from Idaho because her daughter plays in the orchestra at school and they have the opportunity to perform at Disneyland tomorrow! How cool is that? After a fun day running about with the girls, we will then meet up with another friend of ours for dinner at Downtown Disney! What a way to end the day... more friends, good food, and tons of fun! These 2 gals are part of the most amazing network of cyber sisters that I have ever known. There are dozens of us that have forged incredible relationships that have lasted all of these years. We have all been friends since 2000 after meeting through an online scrapbooking club. :o)

Okay, I am off to tuck in my sweet boy and make some tea. I tell ya, too many nights with crummy sleep and I really suffer. I took melatonin last night and dropped right off, but by 3 a.m., I was wide awake and feeling weird. Send me good sleep vibes, will ya? Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream... and make it last 'til 7 a.m.!

Jessie's card count: 4
*Please join me in showering a sweet girl named Jessie with cards (see below)

xoxo, Shanna

6 comments:

Team Immel said...

give lisa and karyn a squeeze for me!!!! enjoy your day at disney!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
oh the memories!

psssst...i hear the aladdin show is good! :)

i'm going to try and get to jessie's card by this weekend. i have a memorial page to do for kate too. they are doing an 8x8 album for her family. it reminded me of my book of hope and i got to revisit that with fond memories.

sweet dreams my friend.

xoxo
shauna

ps. we just got audited too. probably not as intense as yours, but stressful and paperwork up the ying yang!!!

Nightscrapper said...

Glad to hear things are getting better.

Give Lisa a great big hug and hello from me.I sure wish I was able to meet you, but finals don't allow me to.

I posted the info for Jessie's card shower on my blog. I figured I would join you and UCLA and get this thing going.

Have a great time tomorrow. ENJOY!

Marlo

Angie said...

Have fun w/Lisa and Karyn. Please tell them hello from me.

Paris said...

Sorry you have been under the gun. Hope it eases up soon so you can have some fun this summer. Have a great time w/the tcc gals! Sent my card to Jessie yesterday. So nice of you to organize this. I'm sending a little package to you today :) Hugs to you, Paris

ali said...

Have a great time with Lisa and Karyn!!!!!! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear a recap and see some photos! HUGS!

Kaileysmom said...

Thanks for coming to see us, we had a great time! Your the best!